Current Version: ARPGGamepadController 1.2.7
Some info about it on the release post.
This tools helps mapping gamepad actions to the mouse and keyboard, what makes it different from other similar tools is that Analog mapping is specific for emulating gamepad support on topdown games, allowing to play almost as if the game had native support for a gamepad.
What it does:
- Movement, when moving the analog the mouse will be positioned at a fixed distance from the center and either a mouse button or key is pressed, this allows fluid movement to the direction you move the analog without degrading over time, as the mouse is kept at the same distance all the time.
- Aiming, when moving the analog the mouse is set at a relative position describing a configurable ellispis on screen, this allows to aim in a range from right next to the center up to the limits of the screen, the ellipsis can also be configured to match the current resolution Aspect Ratio.
- Virtual Aim Mode, topdown click games, usually move and aim both with the mouse, on a gamepad you can move both analogs independently, but the mouse cursor can’t be at 2 points at the same time, normal mode gives priority to aiming analog, so you stop moving once you start aiming, this is where Virtual Aim Mode enters, in this mode, when moving the aiming analog, a special reticle will be drawn to where the mouse position would be, keeping the mouse cursor free to move while aiming, once a button is clicked, the mouse cursor moves to the aiming position right before sending the key/button press, once the button is released, the mouse cursor is released by the aiming analog as well, allowing to move again, this allows to aim while moving and you only stop moving while executing the action (which happens in most of these games anyway).
- Buttons Bindings, you can bind a key, mouse button and modifier (control, alt and shift) and any combination of those 3 types into any gamepad button
- Supports profiles for different games, each profile can have multiple Resolutions analog configurations.
What this app doesn’t do:
- Macros, the intention of the map is simply to allow the use of a gamepad, as such, any combination (outside of modifier keys) or sequence of keys must still be done manually by the user.
- Autoaiming, the tool doesn’t hook into the games memory, so it’s not really aware of what happens in the games, aiming is manual and corresponds 1:1 to the gamepad analog movement according to the profile configuration.
- Sending info over internet, the tool doesn’t connect anywhere nor pings any server, always make sure the tool is downloaded from the cutekickstudio server.
- An XInput compatible gamepad. This includes Xbox controllers, and any other controller or driver that makes the gamepad get recognized as an Xbox controller. PS4 gamepad highly recommended, since it includes a trackpad and that helps a lot with inventory management and UI navigation on all games.
- .Net Framework 4.5.
- For virtual aim mode, the game must be running in windowed or windowed fullscreen modes, and the video card must support directx.
Currently Included Profiles
- Path of Exile.
- Heroes of the Storm. A simple default profile and an improved profile, I highly recommend the improved profile, but it does require to change some bindings in the game.
- agar.io, really cool game, check it out.
- Diablo 3.
Virtual Aim Mode Info
This mode creates a directx transparent window, set as the topmost window on the desktop, it then draws the special reticle on it, it requires the game to be on windowed or fullscreen windowed mode, otherwise the special reticle won’t be drawn on top of the game, however, this works without having to hook into the game’s memory or graphic context, etc, allowing for virtual aim to work without being invasive to the games process.
Thanks for reading, hope you guys find it useful, don’t forget to leave feedback in the comments.
- 1.2.7 – Multiple bug fixes, new profile for Diablo3, new variant profile for HOTS.
- 1.2.5 – Multiple bug fixes, Virtual Aim Timing Improvements
- 1.2.4 – Fixed a crash that happened under certain conditions
- 1.2.3 – Added complete button definition to analog configuration, updated Heroes of the Storm profile to fix self cast.
- 1.2.2 – Improvements on Virtual Aim, improved profile for Heroes of the Storm
- 1.2.1 – Fixed a crashing bug when a gamepad wasn’t connected.